Cashmere News Diary: 9 May 2015 - Heritage
* 11 May, Monday 6pm-7pm - Heritage Week information for October event planning, Christchurch City Council Civic Building, 53 Hereford Street. Poster:
* 20 May, Wednesday 7.30pm - Cashmere Residents' Association committee meeting, all input welcome - contact CRA Chair.
* 29 May, Friday 10.30am-12pm - Friends of Sydenham Heritage Trust, meets at Sydenham Community Centre, 25 Hutcheson Street, to rebuild a community heritage memorial space at old Wesleyan church site, Colombo/Brougham Sts cnr. All welcome. facebook.com/SydenhamNZ
* 15 June, Monday - Submissions close on stage two proposals of the Proposed Christchurch Replacement District Plan, and are now open - proposeddistrictplan.ccc.govt.nz - "A new approach for character areas (previously known as special amenity areas or SAMs) with areas now grouped into two categories. Category 1 areas have a higher level of character and if changes are proposed to a building or front yard (visible from the street) there are new rules to ensure character values are maintained. In Category 2 areas the new rules mainly relate to landscape character e.g. the view from the street." So this is a major change for Cashmere SAM heritage areas, being divided into Category 1 or the Category 2 of lesser protection. The map image below, and more detail, from: resources.ccc.govt.nz/files/TheCouncil/policiesreportsstrategies/districtplanning/districtplanreview/dpr_residential_appendix20.pdf - If you have views on this and the position you would like CRA to take, please reply to our committee email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. A submission could be organised.
* mid-June approx - Christchurch City Council Representation Review - formal consultation on new ward boundaries etc begins (6-yearly).Notices
* Garage for Rent
Long single garage available for rent at 2a Macmillan Avenue. $50 per week. Enquiries to the Cashmere Presbyterian Church Office, phone 332 7129, or email email@example.com
* Garden City 2.0 - company provides a not-for-profit service in Christchurch, delivering fresh, locally grown organic produce. Recently set up a pickup point on Cashmere Hill at the Emperor's New Clothes Cafe. gardencity.org.nz + facebook.com/GardenCity2.0
* CREST - Cashmere Residents' Emergency Support Team - Cashmere Community Response Plan: cashmere.org.nz/news/Cashmere-Emergency-News-20Jun2013.html
* A very big thank you to all Cashmere Residents and CREST community partners: Cashmere Primary School, Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Christchurch City Council Strengthening Communities / CDEM, Canterbury Neighbourhood Support, Kidsfirst Cashmere Kindergarten, Kaizuka Eatery and Garden Bar, Cup Cafe, Emperors New Clothes Cafe, Cashmere Super Dairy, Swanlake Lotus at Siam Healthcare Spa emergency spring-water source, Cracroft-Chase Vineyard, Quick Stop Liquor, Out in the Wild cordials of Hanmer, and to all our local volunteers and supporters - Thank you very much!
* Past CRA email news is indexed, FYI, near page-top here: http://www.cashmere.org.nz
* CRA Subscriptions 2014/15 - Association membership and renewals, at the household rate of $10 per year, can be made via our Kiwibank a/c 389005.0688810.02 - Donations help increase service and are very much appreciated. Please notify deposit by email, for confirmation by our Treasurer, and a receipt will be issued if requested: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or post to CRA Treasurer, 82 Hackthorne Road, Christchurch 8022.
Enjoy the balmy autumn weather. Anything we can do to help, please let us know.
CRA Chair, 332-1069 / 027-406-0077
Cashmere Residents' Association (CRA)
Back to CRA link hub / home page