Cashmere News Diary: 8 April 2014 - Cashmere and Council
* 8 April, Tuesday 8pm - Cashmere Vision and Values, phase 2 workshop facilitated by Mary Richardson, at Cashmere Presbyterian Centre hall. 7pm drinks, nibbles and conversation. 7.30pm an update from Margaret Sweet on Dame Ngaio Marsh House. 8pm V&V workshop: how should CRA maintain itself, especially its internet communications and portfolios etc, into the future? - for meeting the Vision goals set out and agreed in 2009: cashmere.org.nz/cashmere.pdf
* 12 April, Saturday 11am-3pm - Cashmere Carnival - Holliss Reserve, Holliss Ave, free family fun event organised by the loving neighbours at 16 Rossmore Terrace who are inspired by the Neighbourhood Week and think it is a piece of cake getting to know your neighbours! We would love to see the whole community involved! This day involves all the fun stuff of any carnival, great music, fun inflatables, face painting, temporary tattoos, great food vendors, cotton candy, popcorn, and so much more.
WET WEATHER UPDATE: Still all go for HOLLISS AVE tomorrow morning. However, if wet, we will be moving to THORRINGTON PRIMARY SCHOOL. Due to bookings, the event will start ONE HOUR LATER at 12:00NOON. We will make the call at 8:30AM. Please check the event page and Facebook page for update. OR phone the contact number if you are unsure: 027 873 3329.
Links: bethere.co.nz/community/2014/13343-cashmere-carnival & http://www.facebook.com/events/797708453622635/ + Poster:
* 14 April, Monday 5pm - submissions on the Environment Canterbury Draft Annual Plan 2014/15 close - do you accept the transfer of costs for water science, from water consent holders and onto the general ratepayer? In the same way, some targeted rates are proposed to become greater Uniform Annual General Charges - do you agree? Let ECan know your thoughts on their range of rating proposals; "No taxation without representation" was the catch-cry of the American Revolution in 1776.
* 15 April, Tuesday 7.30pm - Barrington Issues Group - bus matters / public passenger transport advocacy group / stops, routes and shelters, pedestrian safety, District Plan changes, flood risk etc, at Whareora Community House, 8 Athelstan St in Spreydon, opposite Barrington Mall - a new initiative to try and improve facilities and liaison in South Christchurch. All welcome. http://www.facebook.com/events/680238678707528/
* 16 April, Wednesday 7.30pm - Cashmere Residents' Association committee, all input very welcome - contact CRA Chair.
* 17 April, Thursday 5pm, nominations close on the 2014 Community Service and Youth Service Awards.
Each year the Spreydon/Heathcote Community Board presents a number of awards to recognise Community Service within the Spreydon/Heathcote area. The Board likes to acknowledge the 'quiet achievers', those who work endless voluntary hours in our community. These are often people on whom others rely to get things done, but who are not always recognised for their contribution. These awards are given to local community members and are intended to give public recognition to those who have freely contributed a significant term of voluntary service in one or more of the following areas:
* Physical well-being, eg recreation/sport
* Children, youth and education
* Older adults
* Physical environment
* Social and economic well-being
* Cultural, church and community service
Youth Service Awards are also presented in recognition of significant voluntary service by residents aged 25 or under, living in the
Spreydon/Heathcote area. This award is to recognize individual effort rather than that of a whole group ororganisation.
Click on the following link for a Nomination Form resources.ccc.govt.nz/files/CityLeisure/communityservices/communityserviceawards/CCCCommunityAwards2014.pdf or pick up a copy from any Christchurch City Council Service Centre.
Click on the following link for Guidelines for Completing the Nomination Form resources.ccc.govt.nz/files/CityLeisure/communityservices/communityserviceawards/CommunityServiceAwards2014GuideToCompletingNominationForm.pdf
For more information on the Awards visit the Council website: http://www.ccc.govt.nz/csa
Community Service Award Guidelines / Query answers / Posters advertising the Awards are available by emailing email@example.com or phoning 941 5113
* 22 April, Tuesday 5pm - submissions on the Christchurch City Council Draft Annual Plan 2014-15 close - request that the Barrington bus interchange project be budgeted and started please; $390k for Riccarton bus interchange is being removed to take it from the $3.9M total bus infrastructure budget - we need to lobby for proper public transport service provision for South Christchurch.
* 30 April, Wednesday 1.30pm CREST - Cashmere Residents' Emergency Support Team - our local preparedness group next meets, at Cashmere School this month - last Wednesday of each month except December. Local volunteer skills and resources inter-network. All input very welcome.
* Past CRA email news is indexed near page-top here, FYI: http://www.cashmere.org.nz
* CRA Subscriptions 2013/14 - Association membership and renewals, at the household rate of $5 per year, can be made via our Kiwibank a/c 389005.0688810.02 - Please notify deposit by email, for confirmation by our Treasurer, and a receipt will be issued if requested:
Stay warm, take care.
CRA Chair, 332-1069
Cashmere Residents Association
Back to CRA home page