* 2 November, Sunday 2-5pm - Cashmere Community BBQ at Sunvale Reserve, Bowenvale Avenue; cooker, sausages, bread and condiments supplied, bric-a-brac stall; - Bowenvale Neighbourhood Network, Neighbourhood Week event.
Cashmere News Diary: 31 October 2014 - Neighbourhood Week
* 2 November, Sunday 5-7pm - Cashmere Community BBQ potluck dinner at Cashmere Presbyterian Centre, 2 Macmillan Ave; cooker, sausages, bread, condiments and beverages supplied; bring family, and a salad or dessert if you like; - CREST Neighbourhood Week event.
* 4 November, Tuesday 8am - Ernle Clark Reserve tree, drainage and improvement work begins, at Ernle Terrace entrance; minor disruption for the rest of the week.
* 19 November, Wednesday 7.30pm - Cashmere Residents' Association committee meeting, all input welcome - contact CRA Chair.
* 25 November, Tuesday 7.30pm - Barrington Issues Group - at Whareora Community House, 8 Athelstan Street: public passenger transport interchange for the Mall, pedestrian safety, Proposed District Plan change submissions, urban and commercial development; Christchurch City Council Long Term Plan discussion -
yourvoice.ccc.govt.nz/our-city-our-future ; etc; Spreydon Neighbourhood Network now builds towards residents' association. All welcome.
* 26 November, Wednesday 1.30pm - CREST - Cashmere Residents' Emergency Support Team - our local preparedness group meets, at Cashmere Presbyterian Centre, 2 Macmillan Ave - last Wednesday of each month except December. Local volunteer skills and resources inter-network. Writing the draft Cashmere Community Emergency Response Plan. All input welcome. Ref. cashmere.org.nz/news/Cashmere-Emergency-News-20Jun2013.html
* 30 November, Sunday 5pm - early invitation to comment closes, on Christchurch City Council's Long Term Plan, yourvoice.ccc.govt.nz/our-city-our-future
Thank you to everyone who participated in and contributed to CRA AGM on 21 October, a most valuable evening for Port Hills residents. Thank you to our speakers: Brenden Winder, CERA manager of Port Hills red zone crown-owned land clearances, ph 354-2724, and Janice Carter, Christchurch City Council planner, who demonstrated the online Proposed Replacement District Plan Property Search function (type your address into the search box) addressing
Port Hills land damage, ph 941-8524. Thank you to our sponsors, Kaizuka Eatery and Garden Bar, Cracroft-Chase Vineyard, Quick Stop Liquor, and Out in the Wild fruit syrups and cordials of Hanmer. Thank you CRA committee.
* Temporary Accommodation urgently required by CETAS
CETAS assists people to find temporary accommodation while their home is repaired or rebuilt as a result of the Canterbury Earthquakes. We urgently require rentals that are:
- available for the duration of complex repairs/rebuilds (6-8 months) - unfurnished
- under $600/wk
- pet friendly
- in central/eastern Christchurch (or nearby)
If you have suitable property to rent now, or in the future, please contact: email@example.com or phone Andrea 966 7624.
Any information or advice would be appreciated.
Property and Tenancy Coordinator
Canterbury Earthquake Temporary Accommodation Service (CETAS)
Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment
P: (03) 966 7624 | F: (03) 341 7754
Level 2, 10 Nelson Street, Riccarton
PO Box 22725, Christchurch 8011
www.mbie.govt.nz | www.quakeaccommodation.govt.nz
* Retaining Walls - gcalawyers.co.nz/blog-2/owners-of-retaining-walls-class-action-meeting/ follow-up +
* Community project funding is available from rotaryneighbourhood.org.nz
* Graffiti clean ups from tagstoppers.co.nz and join a volunteer team here:
* A very big thank you to all Cashmere Residents and CREST community partners: Cashmere Primary School, Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Christchurch City Council CDEM and Strengthening Communities, Canterbury Neighbourhood Support, Kidsfirst Cashmere Kindergarten, Kaizuka Eatery and Garden Bar, Cup Cafe, Elevate Bar and Function Centre, Emporers New Clothes Cafe, Cashmere Super Dairy, Cracroft-Chase Vineyard, Quick Stop Liquor, Swanlake Lotus at Siam Healthcare Spa, and to all our local volunteers and supporters - Thank you very much!
* Past CRA email news is indexed near page-top here, FYI: http://www.cashmere.org.nz
* CRA Subscriptions 2013/14 - Association membership and renewals, at the household rate of $10 per year, can be made via our Kiwibank a/c 389005.0688810.02 - Thank you for helping increase community service in Cashmere. Please notify deposit by email, for confirmation by our Treasurer, and a receipt will be issued if requested: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a Happy Halloween, and productive new month ahead.
CRA Chair, 332-1069
Cashmere Residents' Association
Back to CRA home page