Cashmere News Diary: 31 July 2016 - Neighbourhood Week
* 31 July, Sunday 7.30pm - Couples @ Cashmere - monthly Sunday seminars for strengthening marriages, lead by therapist Murray Cameron. Tonight: 'Fighting Fair', dealing well with conflict, Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Dyers Pass Rd & MacMillan Ave. $10 per couple includes a glass of wine or beer and supper. Register: ph 332 7129 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* 4 August, Thursday - Cashmere Music Group - We are delighted to report that the preschool music programme at Cashmere Presbyterian Church is up and running and going great! Meeting on Thursday mornings at 10am there is a delightful bunch of little kids, mums and grandmas (Dads welcome too!). No charge, just a koha plus a piece of fruit to share.
* 5 August, Friday - 'Centering Prayer', Calm & Cake @ Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Dyers Pass Rd, on the first Friday of each month. Free! All welcome: 9.30am Quiet space; 10.00am 'Mindfulness' session; 10.30am Coffee & cake. Phone 332-7129.
* 12 August, Friday 12pm - Nominations close for the 2016 local body elections, to be held on 8 October - ecan.govt.nz/about-us/your-council/elections + ccc.govt.nz/elections + cdhb.health.nz/About-CDHB/Who-We-Are/Governance/Pages/CDHB-Election-2016
* 17 August, Wednesday 7.30pm - Cashmere Residents' Association committee meeting, resident input invited - contact CRA by reply email.
* 19 August, Friday 5pm - Neighbourhood Week - 28 October to 6 November 2016 - Applications for subsidies close. See notice below.
* 9 September, Friday to Sunday 11 Sept - The Cashmere Conference at Cashmere Presbyterian Church. See notice below.
* 16 October, Sunday 10am to 4pm - Tour of Heritage Houses - Ngaio Marsh House in Sherwood Lane, as well as 4 other houses in Christchurch and at least one other house in Cashmere will be open to the public. Contact: MargaretSweet@xtra.co.nz
* 25 October, Tuesday 7.30pm - CRA AGM - provisional date.Notices / updates
* Neighbourhood Week - 28 October to 6 November 2016 - is about bringing people together. It's an ideal opportunity to organise a small get-together or local gathering to get to know your neighbours. The Spreydon/Heathcote Community Board is making small subsidies available towards Neighbourhood Week gatherings in the ward. For groups wanting to
do a neighbourhood clean-up, the Graffiti Team can provide paint and brushes. The application form and guidelines are available online at
ccc.govt.nz/neighbourhoodweek and printed copies are available from Council service centres. Applications for subsidies close Friday, 19 August 2016, at 5pm, by email or post:
email@example.com OR Post to: Neighbourhood Week, Christchurch City Council, c/o PO Box 73020, Christchurch 8154. Please Note:
1. Subsidy reimbursements are paid after the gathering, on presentation and approval of receipts.
2. Subsidies are not available for alcohol, fireworks, or paid entertainment.
3. If your gathering is to be held in a public space such as a local park or reserve, you will need to contact Council Bookings on 941 8888 to check availability and make a booking for your chosen venue.
Community Support Officer - Spreydon/Heathcote
Christchurch City Council
c/o PO Box 73020, Christchurch 8154
Phone: 941 8999
* The Cashmere Presbyterian Church is hosting The Cashmere Conference, as a forum for public issues from a Christian perspective. The topic 'What does the future hold?' will be explored through a variety of ways:
* A Public Lecture on Friday 9 September by Nicola Hoggard-Creegan: 'Implants and Upgrades, Cyborgs & Cellphones: Staying Human in the 21st Century'
* The Saturday seminar on 11 September will include input from Nicola on the effects of environmental change, as well as a talk by Christchurch MP Ruth Dyson on the emerging future for Christchurch city, a panel discussion on the role of the church into the future, space for those attending to bring their own concerns and responses to the topic, and workshops.
* Workshop options:
a) Andrew Shepherd on the effects of digital images and technology on how people relate,
b) Ron Hay on connecting the Gospel with secular society
c) City Council staff on longevity and planning for an ageing society
d) and a Creative Space option
* Alongside the seminar will be a Youth Stream, space for young people to engage with the questions they have about the future.
* Our Sunday morning service will continue the Conference themes, with Victoria University Religious Studies lecturer Geoffrey Troughton preaching.
Website link: cashmereconference.weebly.com
Rev. Silvia Purdie
Cashmere Presbyterian Church: (03) 332 7129
2 MacMillan Avenue, Christchurch
Cell: 027 242 1113
* Hot-water cylinder problems - chchwater.wordpress.com holds all CRA's information on this - more feedback from residents or engineers is invited for adding new blog posts.
* Pilates classes, two per week: Tuesdays 6-7pm at Cashmere School, 135 Hackthorne Rd, and Fridays 9.30-10.30am at Cashmere Presbyterian Centre, 2 Macmillan Ave. Kate Horton BSc(hons), NZRP, Physiotherapist and Pilates Instructor (APPI). 022-690-4126 + firstname.lastname@example.org + www.katephysio.co.nz
* Cashmere Residents' Emergency Support Team - CREST - Cashmere Community Response Plan - see cashmere.org.nz/CREST for digital copy. Enquiries via Cashmere Presb, Cashmere School or Cashmere Residents' Association. Stay safe, ref. getthru.govt.nz
* A very big thank you to all Cashmere Residents and CREST community partners: Cashmere Primary School, Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Christchurch City Council Strengthening Communities & Civil Defence Emergency Management, Canterbury Neighbourhood Support, Kidsfirst Cashmere Kindergarten, Cashmere Cuisine, Cup Cafe, Emperors New Clothes Cafe, Cashmere Super Dairy, Cracroft-Chase Vineyard, Quick Stop Liquor, Swanlake Lotus at Siam Healthcare Spa emergency spring-water source, Out in the Wild cordials of Hanmer, Computer Help NZ, and to all our local volunteers and supporters - Thank you very much!
* Past CRA email Cashmere News is indexed near page-top here, FYI: cashmere.org.nz
* CRA Subscriptions 2015/16 - Association membership and renewals, at the household rate of $10 per year, can be made via our Kiwibank a/c 389005.0688810.02 - Donations help increase service and are very much appreciated. Please notify deposit by email, for confirmation by our Treasurer, and a receipt will be issued if requested: email@example.com. Or post to CRA Treasurer, c/o 112 Hackthorne Road, Christchurch 8022. CRA-Member-Application-Form.pdf
Thanks again for your support of CRA. Stay warm this winter,
pp CRA committee,
332-1069 or 027-406-0077
Cashmere Residents' Association (CRA)
Back to CRA link hub / home page