Cashmere News Diary: 28 June 2013 - community safety & events
* 29 June, Saturday 10am-1pm, Matariki Market Day - Plants, Preserves & Produce, 188 Strickland Street - Sydenham Community Gardens, Christchurch South Community Gardens Trust.
* 29 June, Saturday 3-4 pm, Ernle Clark Reserve Working Bee. Please meet at the Studholme Street bridge. Wear gumboots, gloves, and bring a spade or trowel and gardening gloves. Ref. Alice Shanks, 337-1256.
* by 1 July - Monday 5pm deadline: Have your say on draft alcohol policy
How long should bars be allowed to stay open? Should there be a restriction on the hours alcohol can be sold? Your answers to these questions could help shape a Local Alcohol Policy (LAP) the Christchurch City Council is developing to control the sale and supply of alcohol. The Council is keen to find out what the community thinks about its draft LAP, which is now out for public consultation. The draft policy, which is a provision of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012, was adopted by the full Council last month and consultation will run until 5pm on Monday 1 July. The aim of the draft LAP is to minimise alcohol related harm in the city and ensure that the sale and supply of alcohol is undertaken safely and responsibly. A submission form and project information can be found online at www.ccc.govt.nz/HaveYourSay. Also here: ccc.govt.nz/thecouncil/policiesreportsstrategies/policies/groups/alcohol/facebookapp.aspx. Cashmere Residents Association has resolved to support the draft LAP in principle, and will be lodging a submission accordingly. You are invited to place one too.
* 2 July, Tuesday 5pm, next meeting of Spreydon/Heathcote Community Board. Agenda: ccc.govt.nz/thecouncil/meetingsminutes/agendas/2013/July/index.aspx. Our thanks to the board for granting, on 21 June, $200 towards public meeting costs continuing Cashmere Vision and Values project.
* 6 July, Saturday approx - next CRA Newsletter due out. Please let us know if you can help deliver ~75 copies near your home.
* 17 July, Wednesday 7.30pm, next CRA committee meeting. Please let us know if you'd like to attend.
* 21 July, Sunday 2pm to 4.30pm at St Augustine
Anglican Church, 5 Cracroft Terrace. CRA Mid-Winter Gathering - Constitutional Review Election Debate: local candidates for council are asked to attend, to tell us what is important in the review for residents of Cashmere and Spreydon-Heathcote ward, and
why. Afternoon tea, wine and snacks provided.
* 20 June, Cashmere Community Civil Defence Plan. The "Emergency News" detail sent during last week's snow storm has been filled out and placed on permanent record here: cashmere.org.nz/news/Cashmere-Emergency-News-20Jun2013.html. With city council staff help, Port Hills communities in particular are pioneering preparedness through such a Community Plan. A brief update will be included at the Mid-Winter Gathering. Monday 24 June's front page Southern View story on the Cashmere emergency hub:
* Civil Defence is looking for a small team of volunteers who will become our ready-responders, with a local hall cup of tea, in the event of emergency. Contact CRA Chair if willing to help please. Organised through CRA committee and Cashmere Presbyterian Church.
* 27 June, 6pm, Christchurch City Council held a meeting at the Cashmere Club to inform local residents on progress with their Facilities Rebuild Plan. It was good to see where the Sign of the Takahe repair is scheduled and be able to ask questions, CRA has requested consideration of a Cashmere community centre in the Takahe building, or at the Masonic Lodge Hall which is out for tender currently. Do we have some local philanthropists interested in such a project, for the large upper hills housing area? More city information: FutureChristchurch.co.nz
* SCIRT works notices for Rossmore Terrace and Hackthorne Road, for your information:
* STREETLIGHT effects on you, your home and your living. Feedback required: ph. Natalie 3324363.
* Thank you Clements Estate for sponsoring wine at our April Cashmere residents' meeting.
* CRA Subscriptions 2012/13 - Association membership and renewals, at the household rate of $5 per year, can be made via our Kiwibank a/c 389005.0688810.02 ~ Please notify deposit by email, for confirmation by our Treasurer, and a receipt will be issued if requested: email@example.com.
Until next time, enjoy the weekend.
CRA Chair, 332-1069
Cashmere Residents Association
Link back to CRA home page