Cashmere News Diary: 25 March 2014 - Council and Cashmere
* 25 March, Tuesday 6-7.30pm - District Plan Review; Natural Hazards - Cashmere Club, 50 Colombo St. Public meeting on Natural Hazards - a presentation covering flood management areas, liquefaction, and slope instability, followed by the chance to talk with planners and provide your opinions. See more about this and other meetings: www.ccc.govt.nz/districtplanreview
* 26 March, Wednesday 7.30pm CREST - Cashmere Residents' Emergency Support Team - our local preparedness group next meets at Cashmere Presbyterian Centre hall, 2 Macmillan Ave. This is CREST's first evening meeting - usually at 1.30pm on the last Wednesday of each month except December. Local volunteer skills and resources inter-network. All input very welcome.
* 29 March, Saturday, Cashmere Newsletter April deliveries begin - please reply (committee email address) or phone Leona if you can help: 337-2051
* 8 April, Tuesday 8pm - Cashmere Vision and Values, phase 2 workshop facilitated by Mary Richardson, at Cashmere Presbyterian Centre hall. 7pm drinks, nibbles and conversation. 7.30pm an update from Margaret Sweet on Dame Ngaio Marsh House. 8pm V&V workshop: how should CRA maintain itself, especially its internet communications and portfolios etc, into the future? - for meeting the Vision goals set out and agreed in 2009: http://www.cashmere.org.nz/cashmere.pdf
* 15 April, Tuesday 7.30pm - Barrington Issues Group - bus matters / public passenger transport advocacy / stops, routes and shelters, pedestrian safety, District Plan changes, flood risk etc, at Whareora Community House, 8 Athelstan St in Spreydon, opposite Barrington Mall - a new initiative to try and improve facilities and liaison in south Christchurch. All welcome. http://www.facebook.com/events/680238678707528/
* 17 April, Thursday 5pm, nominations close on the 2014 Community Service and Youth Service Awards:
Each year the Spreydon/Heathcote Community Board presents a number of awards to recognise Community Service within the Spreydon/Heathcote area. The Board likes to acknowledge the ‘quiet achievers’, those who work endless voluntary hours in our community. These are often people on whom others rely to get things done, but who are not always recognised for their contribution. These awards are given to local community members and are intended to give public recognition to those who have freely contributed a significant term of voluntary service in one or more of the following areas: • Physical well-being, eg recreation/sport • Children, youth and education • Older adults • Disability • Physical environment • Social and economic well-being • Cultural, church and community service Youth Service Awards are also presented in recognition of significant voluntary service by residents aged 25 or under, living in the Spreydon/Heathcote area. This award is to recognize individual effort rather than that of a whole group ororganisation. Click on the following link for a Nomination Form <http://resources.ccc.govt.nz/files/CityLeisure/communityservices/communityserviceawards/CCCCommunityAwards2014.pdf> or pick up a copy from any Christchurch City Council Service Centre. Click on the following link for Guidelines for Completing the Nomination Form <http://resources.ccc.govt.nz/files/CityLeisure/communityservices/communityserviceawards/CommunityServiceAwards2014GuideToCompletingNominationForm.pdf> For more information on the Awards visit the Council website: <http://www.ccc.govt.nz/csa> Community Service Award Guidelines / Query answers / Posters advertising the Awards are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 941 5113.
Updates & Notices
* Rock wall repairs - Council has been asked via Spreydon-Heathcote Community Board, for more information re the lower Hackthorne Road wall repair project. Pending. ... Retention of the original rock is critical when residents are wanting a full wall restoration.
* Past CRA email news is indexed near page-top here, FYI: http://www.cashmere.org.nz
* CRA Subscriptions 2013/14 - Association membership and renewals, at the household rate of $5 per year, can be made via our Kiwibank a/c 389005.0688810.02 - Please notify deposit by email, for confirmation by our Treasurer, and a receipt will be issued if requested: email@example.com.
Stay warm, take care.
CRA Chair, 332-1069
Cashmere Residents Association
Back to CRA home page