* 25 October, Tuesday 7.30pm - Cashmere Residents' Association Annual General Meeting at Cashmere Presbyterian Church Hall, cnr Macmillan Ave & Dyers Pass Rd - wine & cheese social from 7pm, 7.30pm welcome and AGM: reports, CRA committee renewal for 2016-2017, drinks break; 8pm speaker Gordon Ogilvie, notices, 9.30pm close.
* 27 October, Thursday 10am - Cashmere Music Group - Preschool music programme at Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Thursday mornings at 10am, a delightful bunch of little kids, mums and grandmas (Dads welcome too!). No charge, just a koha plus a piece of fruit to share.
* 27 October, Thursday 7-9pm - "Towards a Predator Free Port Hills" launch at Cashmere Presbyterian Church Hall, 2 Macmillan Ave - Summit Road Society "assisting individual residents and local groups to achieve a community-led, long-term project to improve the biodiversity of the Port Hills". All welcome, see
* 4 November, Friday 9.30am - 'Centering Prayer', Calm & Cake @ Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Dyers Pass Rd, on the first Friday of each month. Free! All welcome: 9.30am Quiet space; 10.00am 'Mindfulness' session; 10.30am Coffee & cake. Phone 332-7129.
Cashmere News Diary: 24 October 2016 - CRA AGM, Predator-Free Port Hills
* 4 November, Friday 4.30-8pm - Twilight Fair at Cashmere Primary School - artisan market, foodstalls, crafts and treats, entertainment, games for all ages. Rain date Nov 18. Poster:
* 16 November, Wednesday 7.30pm - Cashmere Residents' Association committee meeting, last for 2016, resident input invited - contact CRA by reply email.
Notices / updates
* 24-27 October, 11am to 2pm daily - pottery exhibition by artists from our area - Amanda Brooking & Guests: Della Goodinson, Sarah Geary, Stephanie Spain, Natalie Sweetapple - Studio380, 380 St Asaph St. Work is for sale. Cash and carry. Poster:
* Tramway Historical Society, November membership drive - see
* Hot-water cylinder problems - chchwater.wordpress.com holds all CRA's information on this - more feedback from residents or engineers is invited for adding new blog posts.
* Pilates classes, two per week: Tuesdays 6-7pm at Cashmere School, 135 Hackthorne Rd, and Fridays 9.30-10.30am at Cashmere Presbyterian Centre, 2 Macmillan Ave. Kate Horton BSc(hons), NZRP, Physiotherapist and Pilates Instructor (APPI). 022-690-4126 + firstname.lastname@example.org + www.katephysio.co.nz
* Cashmere Residents' Emergency Support Team - CREST - Cashmere Community Response Plan - see cashmere.org.nz/CREST for digital copy. Enquiries via Cashmere Presb, Cashmere School or Cashmere Residents' Association. Stay safe, ref. getthru.govt.nz
* A very big thank you to all Cashmere Residents and CREST community partners: Cashmere Primary School, Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Christchurch City Council Strengthening Communities & Civil Defence Emergency Management, Canterbury Neighbourhood Support, Kidsfirst Cashmere Kindergarten, Cashmere Cuisine, Cup Cafe, Emperors New Clothes Cafe,
Cashmere Super Dairy, Kaizuka-II gifts, Cracroft-Chase Vineyard, Quick Stop Liquor, Swanlake Lotus at Siam Healthcare Spa emergency spring-water source, Out in the Wild cordials of Hanmer, Computer Help NZ, and to all our local volunteers and supporters - Thank you very much!
* Past CRA email Cashmere News is indexed near page-top here, FYI: www.cashmere.org.nz
* CRA Subscriptions 2016/17 - Association membership and renewals, at the household rate of $10 per year, can be made via our Kiwibank a/c 389005.0688810.02 - Donations help increase service and are very much appreciated. Please notify deposit by email, for confirmation by our Treasurer, and a receipt will be issued if requested:
email@example.com. Or post to CRA Treasurer, c/o 112 Hackthorne Road, Christchurch 8022.
Thanks again for your support of CRA. See you at AGM!
Chair pp CRA committee
332-1069 or 027-406-0077
Cashmere Residents' Association (CRA)
Back to CRA link hub / home page