* 18 November to end of month - local artist Don McAra has an exhibition running at www.nutpoint.org on the Old West Coast Road - notice:
Cashmere News Diary: 18 November 2014 - Council feedback
* 18 November to mid-December - tell Council where you perceive the Cashmere boundaries to be in the 6-year Representation Review - help inform the new ward structure and keep Cashmere suburban community whole - some change is inevitable as eastern wards have lost population and Banks Peninsula will be incorporated somewhere and consistently into the city democracy: Should that split Spreydon-Heathcote ward? Should the Community Board be retained? How many city councillors are optimal? ...? Attend forums / Have your say: ccc.govt.nz/thecouncil/haveyoursay/representativereview + wheresmycommunitynow.co.nz
* 19 November, Wednesday 7.30pm - Cashmere Residents' Association committee meeting, all input welcome - contact CRA Chair.
* 24 November, Monday 8am - SCIRT roadworks block Dyers Pass Road for at least 3 weeks, diversion via Hackthorne Road - see SCIRT notice:
Dyers Pass Road - Cashmere - emergency repairs.
* 24 November, Monday 9.15am to Wednesday 26 Nov - at YMCA Conference Room, 12 Hereford Street - RMA hearing of submissions on Cashmere Valley "Proposed Christchurch Mountain Bike Adventure Park" SelectEvolution.com/ChristchurchAdventurePark by SelectContracts.com & ref. "Worsleys Road - Adventure Park" consent process: ccc.govt.nz/CCC.Web.ProjectInfo/cityleisure/projectstoimprovechristchurch/projectinformation/projectsearch/consultationview.aspx?projectid=4716&consultid=1022 - Press articles:
Chairlift proposed for Port Hills bike park "Riders 'stoked'" 24/09/2013 +
Port Hills park plan lauded 16/10/2014 +
Big bike-park plan gets a push 17/10/2014
* 25 November, Tuesday 7.30pm - Barrington Issues Group - at Whareora Community House, 8 Athelstan St: public passenger transport interchange for the Mall, pedestrian safety, Proposed District Plan change submissions, urban and commercial development, rising flood and contamination risks; Christchurch City Council Long Term Plan discussion - yourvoice.ccc.govt.nz/our-city-our-future; etc; with Spreydon Neighbourhood Network. All welcome.
* 26 November, Wednesday 1.30pm - CREST - Cashmere Residents' Emergency Support Team - our local preparedness group meets at Cashmere Presbyterian Centre, 2 Macmillan Ave - last Wednesday of each month except December. Local volunteer skills and resources inter-network. Writing the draft Cashmere Community Response Plan. All input welcome. Ref.
* 30 November, Sunday 11.59pm - input phase closes towards Christchurch City Council's Long Term Plan first draft, yourvoice.ccc.govt.nz/our-city-our-future
* 28 November supplement
* Thank you to all community helpers at the Neighbourhood Week BBQs in Bowenvale / Cashmere and at our AGM, including our generous event sponsors and speakers. The Association stands in good heart. AGM reports and speaker contact details are available via the AGM notice links on cashmere.org.nz home page. Bowenvale Neighbourhood Network
contact is Jan Webster, phone 332-2893
* A very big thank you to all Cashmere Residents and CREST community partners: Cashmere Primary School, Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Christchurch City Council CDEM, Canterbury Neighbourhood Support, Kidsfirst Cashmere Kindergarten, Kaizuka Eatery and Garden Bar, Cup Cafe, Elevate Bar and Function Centre, Emporers New Clothes Cafe, Cashmere Super Dairy, Swanlake Lotus at Siam Healthcare Spa emergency spring water source, Cracroft-Chase Vineyard, Quick Stop Liquor, Out in the Wild cordials of Hanmer, and to all our local volunteers and supporters - Thank you very much!
* Retaining Walls - gcalawyers.co.nz/blog-2/owners-of-retaining-walls-class-action-meeting/ follow-up +
strongerchristchurch.govt.nz/resources/faq/category/retaining-walls & Fact Sheets 2010 +
* Community project funding is available from rotaryneighbourhood.org.nz
* Graffiti clean ups from tagstoppers.co.nz and join a volunteer team here:
* Past CRA email news is indexed near page-top here, FYI: cashmere.org.nz
* CRA Subscriptions 2014/15 - Association membership and renewals, at the household rate of $10 per year, can be made via our Kiwibank a/c 389005.0688810.02 - Donations help increase service and are very much appreciated. Please notify deposit by email, for confirmation by our Treasurer, and a receipt will be issued if requested:
Enjoy the spring / early summer weather, and stay safe.
CRA Chair, 332-1069
Cashmere Residents' Association
Back to CRA home page