* 18 December, Sunday 5.30pm - Carols in the Garden: Community carols for all ages, in the grounds of 1 Macmillan Ave (off Cashmere Green). Bring rugs, picnic, coins for sausage sizzle & coffee. (in the church if wet)
* 20 December, Wednesday - Christchurch Adventure Park opening! in Cashmere Forest, Cracroft -
* 25 December, Sunday - Christmas! - Cashmere Residents' Association wishes all readers a wonderful celebration day with your nearest and dearest and a safe and productive 2017 - happy holidays, everyone!
* 15 February, Wednesday 7.30pm - next full Cashmere Residents' Association committee meeting, resident input invited - contact CRA by reply email.
Cashmere News Diary: 17 December 2016 - Port Hills adventure, Happy Xmas
Notices / updates
Addendum: Residents threaten court action over floodlights + No love for tennis court lighting
- Radio New Zealand story graphic, 21 December 2016
* Wanted to RENT - a 3 or 4 bedroom house with a good sized back yard. Please phone Helen on 3267136.
* Offices to rent in Cashmere - Two rooms available for rental (together or individually) from 1st February 2017, as office space in Church House, 2a MacMillan Avenue, Cashmere, Christchurch. First room is 18.3m2, second is 19.2 m2. Both of these sunny, pleasant rooms are upstairs, and give views over the city. Rental of $150 +GST per week, per room, includes wi-fi and power, but phone connection is tenants' own responsibility. Bathroom and single toilet upstairs, and gents and ladies' toilets, as well as kitchen, downstairs - all these are shared facilities. Separate meeting room and larger meeting/conference/function space available for occasional hire at extra costs. Would suit a small professional business, a charity, or not-for-profit organisation. Contact the Cashmere Presbyterian Church Office: (03) 332 7129, or email email@example.com
* Cracroft Caverns Reserve - CCC regional parks survey # 16RPMD201 - have your say on use values here:
* Predator-Free Cashmere - a pest-trapping volunteer group launched on 29 Nov. PFC is sorting some traps that can be cheaply and safely deployed to home gardens - more info on this early next year. Thanks to NZ Fine Prints for sponsoring the meeting - www.prints.co.nz - CRA is registered with PredatorFreeNZ.org to help with local organising.
Many thanks to Summit Road Society for inspiring this development here on 27 October 2016 - www.summitroadsociety.org.nz
* Cashmere Residents' traffic sub-committee, following resolution to form from the CRA October AGM, has led performance of an initial Cashmere Road traffic count this month - to look at Hackthorne Road intersection safety design. We thank our friends and neighbour-volunteers from Westmorland, Cracroft and Lower Cashmere (WeCCa) for helping to staff this exercise and could not have done it without you! The count will be repeated early next year. At first blush, ~6,500 traffic movements over two late-afternoon weekday hours sounds a lot and is more than the 2012 council figures record.
* Cashmere Residents' Emergency Support Team - CREST - Cashmere Community Response Plan - see cashmere.org.nz/CREST for digital copy. Enquiries via Cashmere Presbyterian, Cashmere School or Cashmere Residents' Association. The November 14 earthquake and tsunami alert showed the benefit of preparing a local hub to assist evacuees from coastal hazard, in concert with other suburbs acting similarly. We now have costings for the electrical and water-store upgrades needed, for emergency supply purposes, at the Cashmere Presbyterian Centre - over $10,000 will be required. So we have begun fund-raising under Cashmere Residents' Association management at 38-9005-0688810-03 should anyone like to contribute. Receipts for tax-exemption of donations can be returned. Thanks very much to Cashmere School students for enthusiastically opening the generator fund-drive with $400 from a 2016 mufti-day! A very well done, to these children. Stay safe, ref. getthru.govt.nz
* Hot-water cylinder problems - chchwater.wordpress.com holds all CRA's information on this - more feedback from residents or engineers is invited for adding new blog posts. Anomaly of a high pH was recently discovered at the Dyers Pass Road water reservoir, which may affect some houses.
* A very big thank you to all Cashmere Residents and CREST community partners: Cashmere Primary School, Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Christchurch City Council Strengthening Communities & Civil Defence Emergency Management, Canterbury Neighbourhood Support, Kidsfirst Cashmere Kindergarten, Cashmere Cuisine, Cup Cafe, Emperors New Clothes Cafe,
Cashmere Super Dairy, Kaizuka Giftshop, Una Bakery, Quick Stop Liquor, Swanlake Lotus at Siam Healthcare Spa emergency spring-water source, Out in the Wild cordials of Hanmer, Computer Help NZ, and to all our local volunteers and supporters - Thank you very much!
* Past CRA email Cashmere News is indexed near page-top here, FYI: www.cashmere.org.nz
* CRA Subscriptions 2016/17 - Association membership and renewals, at the household rate of $10 per year, can be made via our Kiwibank a/c 38.9005.0688810.02 - Donations help increase service and are very much appreciated. Please notify deposit by email, for confirmation by our Treasurer, and a receipt will be issued if requested: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or post to CRA Treasurer, c/o 112 Hackthorne Road, Christchurch 8022.
Thanks again for your support of CRA and work for the community in 2016. Summer is here - do enjoy!
Chair pp CRA committee
332-1069 or 027-406-0077
Cashmere Residents' Association (CRA)
Back to CRA link hub / home page