Cashmere News Diary: 16 May 2016 - Legal Advice meeting
17 May, Tuesday 7.30pm - Legal Advice and Information, in the Kowhai Lounge, Cashmere Presbyterian Centre, Cr. MacMillan Ave and Dyers Pass Road - What you should know before you go to a lawyer! Do you need to go at all? We have been offered a series of free information sessions by a team of local lawyers seeking to strengthen connections with local communities. The focus will be on common legal issues such as Wills and Powers of Attorney, Family Trusts and the buying and selling of property including retirement villages and commercial premises while other topics relevant to our area such as EQC claims and Insurance issues would also be covered. The sessions will be run by Nicola and Charlotte of Saunders & Co Lawyers who will be happy to answer specific questions or talk privately with people who attend. These sessions have recently been run in Mt. Pleasant with great success and now the same service is being offered to our Cashmere residents - all welcome.
* 17 May, Tuesdays 9am-1pm - Quilts & Bits @ Cashmere Presbyterian Centre. All Crafty people are invited on Tuesday mornings, bringing along your own needlecrafts - quilting, knitting, crochet, embroidery etc. Meet in the Kowhai Lounge for as long or as short a time as you like, and every week or once in a blue moon. Everyone is welcome - why not bring some friends along too! Tea & coffee provided. Gold coin donation requested. Enquiries to the Church Office, 332-7129.
* 18 May, Wednesday 7.30pm - Cashmere Residents' Association committee meeting, resident input invited - contact CRA Chair.
* 19 May, Thursdays 10am - Cashmere Preschool Music Group re-starts, at Cashmere Presbyterian Church, cnr Dyers Pass Rd & MacMillan Ave. Heaps of fun for babies & preschoolers, and great fun for parents, grandparents & caregivers too! Each Thursday morning thereafter, at 10am. Gold coin donation.
* 22 May, Sunday 7.30-9.30pm - Couples @ Cashmere - "The chemistry of attraction and the art of staying in love"; the first in a series of 5 evening seminars seminars for stronger relationships. Sundays: 22 May, 19 June, 10 July, 31 July and 21 August. $10 per couple includes supper. Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Dyers Pass Rd. Phone 332 7129 to register, or email: email@example.com - share flier here: Couples@Cashmere-flier.pdf.
* 30 May, Monday - Cashmere Tennis Club court lights consultation by council closes - please let CRA know your views. ccc.govt.nz/haveyoursay
* 3 June, Friday - 'Centering Prayer', Calm & Cake @ Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Dyers Pass Rd, on the first Friday of each month. Free! All welcome: 9.30am Quiet space; 10.00am 'Mindfulness' session; 10.30am Coffee & cake. Phone 332-7129. Share flier:
* June, Saturday - tour through the cycling Adventure Park that is being built in Cashmere Forest - limited places for representative groups from the three neighbouring residents' associations: Cracroft, Westmorland and Cashmere. If you have any concerns about the facility and are interested to go and inspect, please let the Chair know by reply email or phone. Date, time and attendees to be confirmed.Notices
* Hot-water cylinder problems - chchwater.wordpress.com holds all CRA's information on this - more feedback from residents anywhere in Christchurch, or from more engineers, is very welcome for writing the next blog posts.
* Christchurch City Council Annual Plan consultation - Cashmere submissions made as attached - feedback welcome. Thank you everyone who attended CRA's workshop on 26 April - especially our speaker Bruce Alexander, whose recent book on survey travel to Tonga, "100 Fathoms Square" is available from Bruce at $25. A long but successful event - thank you for your patience with the process. ccc.govt.nz/annualplan
* Opawaho/Heathcote River "Mother of All Clean-ups!" - thank you to all who participated, a worthwhile annual event held partly in Cashmere.
* Mums & Bubs BootCamp - Cashmere - Local excercise group for women, Mon & Wed 9:30-10:30am - ph Stacey 021-2517322 neighbourly.co.nz/business/mums-bubs-bootcamp-cashmere
* Cashmere Residents' Emergency Support Team - CREST - Cashmere Community Response Plan - cashmere.org.nz/CREST for digital copy. This has been delivered to all Cashmere School zone homes except Cracroft and feedback is invited. Enquiries via any of the three partner organisations listed. Stay safe, ref. getthru.govt.nz
* A very big thank you to all Cashmere Residents and CREST community partners: Cashmere Primary School, Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Christchurch City Council Strengthening Communities & Civil Defence Emergency Management, Canterbury Neighbourhood Support, Kidsfirst Cashmere Kindergarten, Cashmere Cuisine, Cup Cafe, Emperors New Clothes Cafe, Cashmere Super Dairy, Cracroft-Chase Vineyard, Quick Stop Liquor, Swanlake Lotus at Siam Healthcare Spa emergency spring-water source, Out in the Wild cordials of Hanmer, Computer Help NZ, and to all our local volunteers and supporters - Thank you very much!
* Past CRA email Cashmere News is indexed near page-top here, FYI: cashmere.org.nz
* CRA Subscriptions 2015/16 - Association membership and renewals, at the household rate of $10 per year, can be made via our Kiwibank a/c 389005.0688810.02 - Donations help increase service and are very much appreciated. Please notify deposit by email, for confirmation by our Treasurer, and a receipt will be issued if requested: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or post to CRA Treasurer, c/o 112 Hackthorne Road, Christchurch 8022. CRA-Member-Application-Form.pdf
Thanks again for your support of CRA; looking forward to seeing you soon.
332-1069 or 027-406-0077
Cashmere Residents' Association (CRA)
Back to CRA link hub / home page