Cashmere News Diary: 16 June 2016 - water wrangling
* 18 June, Saturday 10am - tour through the cycling Adventure Park that is being built in Cashmere Forest - limited places for representatives from the three neighbouring residents' associations: Cracroft, Westmorland and Cashmere. If you have any concerns about the facility and are interested to go and inspect the build, please let the CRA Chair know by reply email or phone. Registration, boots and a hi-viz vest required. CRA has loan vests.
* 18 June, Saturday 5pm - Quiz @ Cashmere - Cashmere Presbyterian Centre Rata Lounge at 5pm for 5.30pm start. Pizza Tea @ 6.30pm followed by more Quiz! Cost per person $10, or book a table of 6 for $55. Bring a ready-made team, or come along and join one on the night! Bring some cash for a Raffle ticket. To book a table contact the Church Office: phone: 332 7129 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* 8 July, Friday - 'Centering Prayer', Calm & Cake @ Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Dyers Pass Rd, on the first Friday of each month. Free! All welcome: 9.30am Quiet space; 10.00am 'Mindfulness' session; 10.30am Coffee & cake. Phone 332-7129.
* 20 July, Wednesday 7.30pm - Cashmere Residents' Association committee meeting, resident input invited - contact CRA Chair.Notices / updates
* Hot-water cylinder problems - chchwater.wordpress.com holds all CRA's information on this - more feedback from residents or engineers is invited for adding new blog posts. See news item attached, from Southern View 14Jun2016 p.3 here: issuu.com/the.star/docs/116166ob
* Princess Margaret Hospital closure and service relocation to Burwood - if you or your family are affected and would like maximum possible health facility retention at Cashmere, please let CRA know by reply email. See: stuff.co.nz/national/health/80065995/residents-fight-to-keep-services-at-christchurchs-princess-margaret-hospital The Press 20May2016
* Re traffic safety and noise, NZ Police have "a community group meeting in Governors Bay soon - if.. any of your group wanted to attend.. contact Senior Sergeant Kelly Larsen for details at Kelly.email@example.com " - thank you.
* Cashmere Lawn Tennis Club court lights consultation by city council - community board hearing due mid-July: ccc.govt.nz/haveyoursay
* Pilates classes, two per week - from the first week of July: Tuesdays 6-7pm at Cashmere School, 135 Hackthorne Rd, and Fridays 9.30-10.30am at Cashmere Presbyterian Centre, 2 Macmillan Ave. Kate Horton BSc(hons), NZRP, Physiotherapist and Pilates Instructor (APPI). 022-690-4126 + firstname.lastname@example.org + www.katephysio.co.nz
* Cashmere Residents' Emergency Support Team - CREST - Cashmere Community Response Plan - see cashmere.org.nz/CREST for digital copy. Enquiries via Cashmere Presb, Cashmere School or Cashmere Residents' Association. Stay safe, ref. getthru.govt.nz
* A very big thank you to all Cashmere Residents and CREST community partners: Cashmere Primary School, Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Christchurch City Council Strengthening Communities & Civil Defence Emergency Management, Canterbury Neighbourhood Support, Kidsfirst Cashmere Kindergarten, Cashmere Cuisine, Cup Cafe, Emperors New Clothes Cafe, Cashmere Super Dairy, Cracroft-Chase Vineyard, Quick Stop Liquor, Swanlake Lotus at Siam Healthcare Spa emergency spring-water source, Out in the Wild cordials of Hanmer, Computer Help NZ, and to all our local volunteers and supporters - Thank you very much!
* Past CRA email Cashmere News is indexed near page-top here, FYI: cashmere.org.nz
* CRA Subscriptions 2015/16 - Association membership and renewals, at the household rate of $10 per year, can be made via our Kiwibank a/c 389005.0688810.02 - Donations help increase service and are very much appreciated. Please notify deposit by email, for confirmation by our Treasurer, and a receipt will be issued if requested: email@example.com. Or post to CRA Treasurer, c/o 112 Hackthorne Road, Christchurch 8022. CRA-Member-Application-Form.pdfThanks again for your support of CRA; looking forward to seeing you soon.
332-1069 or 027-406-0077
Cashmere Residents' Association (CRA)
Back to CRA link hub / home page