Cashmere News Diary: 16 April 2016 - Local meetings, Cashmere traffic + council plan
* 16 April, Saturday 9:30am - delivery of CRA April Newsletter began - to assist, please phone Leona on 337-2051. See at cashmere.org.nz
* 18 April, Monday 5.30pm-7pm - Spreydon-Heathcote Community Board consultation on the Christchurch City Council Annual Plan, in the Boardroom, CCC South Service Centre, 66 Colombo Street - all welcome. Ref. ccc.govt.nz/annualplan.
* 19 April, Tuesdays 9am-1pm - Quilts & Bits @ Cashmere Presbyterian Centre. All Crafty people are invited on Tuesday mornings, bringing along your own needlecrafts - quilting, knitting, crochet, embroidery etc. Meet in the Kowhai Lounge for as long or as short a time as you like, and every week or once in a blue moon. Everyone is welcome - why not bring some friends along too! Tea & coffee provided. Gold coin donation requested. Enquiries to the Church Office, 332-7129.
* 24 April, Sunday 5pm - Dame Ngaio Marsh's Birthday Party (via facebook) - For lovers of words, heritage and Detective Fiction. A fundraiser for the Ngaio Marsh House and Heritage Trust: 5-6 pm Wine and Nibbles; 6-7 pm 'Crime Fiction' a talk by Professor Ken Strongman, Emeritus professor of psychology, University of Canterbury. Well-known columnist and lecturer on crime fiction. Tickets $25 Available from Paper Plus, Merivale. Door sales also available. For further information, please phone 351-5030.
* 25 April, Monday - ANZAC Day commemorative holiday - 10:30am RSA rededication of Waltham Memorial Gates, south Wilsons Road.
* 26 April, Tuesday 7.30pm - Cashmere Residents' Association Autumn Meeting - 7pm drinks and nibbles, 7.30pm speaker: Bruce Alexander, local author of "100 Fathoms Square" reflection on travel to Tonga; drinks break, then Cashmere Traffic Issues Forum, CRA consultation - at Cashmere Presbyterian Centre, 2 Macmillan Ave. See Southern View news clipping attached and CRA interview on CTV News 12/04/16, three minutes in from start of video clip, on one of the many Cashmere traffic issues; please share your experiences, views and wishes.
* 5 May, 10am Thursdays - Cashmere Preschool Music Group re-starts, at Cashmere Presbyterian Church, cnr Dyers Pass Rd & MacMillan Ave. Heaps of fun for babies & preschoolers, and great fun for parents, grandparents & caregivers too! Each Thursday morning thereafter, at 10am. Gold coin donation. Share flier attached.
* 6 May, Fridays - 'Safe in your own skin', Calm & Cake @ Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Dyers Pass Rd, on the first Friday of each month. Free! All welcome: 9.30am Quiet space; 10.00am 'Mindfulness' session; 10.30am Coffee & cake. Phone 332-7129. Share the flier:
* 7 May, Saturday 1pm - Opawaho/Heathcote River 'Mother of All Clean-ups!' - a city-wide clean-up of river banks. Cashmere residents can meet at the river in front of Princess Margaret Hospital; have sturdy shoes, gloves and a hat, rubbish bags provided, not entering water. CRA will walk the south river bank from Shalamar Drive to the Centaurus Road shops, then join Cashmere Streamcare Group at Worsley's Reserve in Cracroft for the community BBQ & debrief at 3:30pm. Ph 332-1069 for more info.
* 17 May, Tuesday 7.30pm - Legal Advice and Information, in the Kowhai Lounge, Cashmere Presbyterian Centre, Cr. MacMillan Ave and Dyers Pass Road - What you should know before you go to a lawyer! Do you need to go at all? We have been offered a series of free information sessions by a team of local lawyers seeking to strengthen connections with local communities. The focus will be on common legal issues such as Wills and Powers of Attorney, Family Trusts and the buying and selling of property including retirement villages and commercial premises while other topics relevant to our area such as EQC claims and Insurance issues would also be covered. The sessions will be run by Nicola and Charlotte of Saunders & Co Lawyers who will be happy to answer specific questions or talk privately with people who attend. These sessions have recently been run in Mt. Pleasant with great success and now the same service is being offered to our Cashmere residents - all welcome.
* 18 May, Wednesday 7.30pm - Cashmere Residents' Association committee meeting, resident input invited - contact CRA Chair.
* 22 May, Sunday 7.30-9.30pm - 'Couples @ Cashmere' - Cashmere Presbyterian Church is holding 5 evening seminars on strengthening relationships. Sundays: 22 May, 19 June, 10 July, 31 July and 21 August. 7.30-9.30pm. $10 per couple includes supper. Contact the church office for more information: 322 7129. Share flier: Couples@Cashmere-flier.pdf
* 3 June, Friday - 'Centering Prayer', Calm & Cake @ Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Dyers Pass Rd, on the first Friday of each month. Free! All welcome: 9.30am Quiet space; 10.00am 'Mindfulness' session; 10.30am Coffee & cake. Phone 332-7129. Share flier attached.
* Any issues with the new Cashmere Tennis Club court lights, please let CRA know.
* Hot-water cylinder problems - chchwater.wordpress.com - More feedback from residents anywhere in Christchurch, or from more engineers, is very welcome.
* Cashmere Residents' Emergency Support Team - CREST - Cashmere Community Response Plan - see cashmere.org.nz/CREST for digital copy. This has been delivered to all Cashmere School zone homes except Cracroft and feedback is invited. Enquiries via any of the three partner organisations listed. Stay safe, ref. getthru.govt.nz
* A very big thank you to all Cashmere Residents and CREST community partners: Cashmere Primary School, Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Christchurch City Council Strengthening Communities & Civil Defence Emergency Management, Canterbury Neighbourhood Support, Kidsfirst Cashmere Kindergarten, Cashmere Cuisine, Cup Cafe, Emperors New Clothes Cafe, Cashmere Super Dairy, Cracroft-Chase Vineyard, Quick Stop Liquor, Swanlake Lotus at Siam Healthcare Spa emergency spring-water source, Out in the Wild cordials of Hanmer, Computer Help NZ, and to all our local volunteers and supporters - Thank you very much!
* Past CRA email Cashmere News is indexed near page-top here, FYI: cashmere.org.nz
* CRA Subscriptions 2015/16 - Association membership and renewals, at the household rate of $10 per year, can be made via our Kiwibank a/c 389005.0688810.02 - Donations help increase service and are very much appreciated. Please notify deposit by email, for confirmation by our Treasurer, and a receipt will be issued if requested: email@example.com. Or post to CRA Treasurer, c/o 112 Hackthorne Road, Christchurch 8022. CRA-Member-Application-Form.pdf
Thanks again for your support of CRA; looking forward to seeing you soon.
332-1069 or 027-406-0077
Cashmere Residents' Association (CRA)
Back to CRA link hub / home page