Cashmere News Diary: 15 October 2015 - resilience ShakeOut
* 15 October, Thursday 9:15am - International ShakeOut Day of Action - "Everyone, everywhere should know the right action to take before, during and after an earthquake.. take part in the Drop, Cover and Hold drill" - shakeout.govt.nz - please reply-email to record local interest and participation.
* 17 October, Saturday 10am-1pm - Spring Market Day - Christchurch South Community Gardens, 188 Strickland Street, cscommunitygardens.net.nz
* 18 October, Sunday 10am-3.30pm - Cashmere Primary School House and Garden Tour - contact school office 332-6786.
* 27 October, Tuesday 7pm - Cashmere Residents' Association social gathering, drinks & nibbles at Cashmere Presbyterian Community Centre, 2 Macmillan Ave - 7.30pm CRA 2015 Annual General Meeting, nominations for committee positions are now open, via CRA Secretary Leona Murahidy please. 8pm speaker: Trevor Lord, Canterbury Vintage Home Restorers Group, Ngaio Marsh House and Heritage Trust.
* 18 November, Wednesday 7.30pm - Cashmere Residents' Association committee meeting, all input welcome - contact CRA Chair.Notices
* Cycle safety survey, upper Dyers Pass Rd - cyclingchristchurch.co.nz/2015/09/03/feedback-needed-dyers-pass-rd-cycling-survey - "Education and enforcement are what's needed. Attitudes need to radically change, not the infrastructure."
* Garden City 2.0 - company provides a not-for-profit service in Christchurch, delivering fresh, locally grown organic produce. Recently set up a pickup point on Cashmere Hill at the Emperor's New Clothes Cafe. gardencity.org.nz + facebook.com/GardenCity2.0
* Cashmere Residents' Emergency Support Team - CREST - Cashmere Community Response Plan is being delivered to all Cashmere School zone homes and feedback is invited; see cashmere.org.nz/CREST for copy. Enquiries via any of the three partner organisations listed. Stay safe, ref. getthru.govt.nz
* A very big thank you to all Cashmere Residents and CREST community partners: Cashmere Primary School, Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Christchurch City Council Strengthening Communities & Civil Defence Emergency Management, Canterbury Neighbourhood Support, Kidsfirst Cashmere Kindergarten, Cashmere Cuisine, Kaizuka Eatery and Garden Bar, Cup Cafe, Emperors New Clothes Cafe, Cashmere Super Dairy, Cracroft-Chase Vineyard, Quick Stop Liquor, Swanlake Lotus at Siam Healthcare Spa emergency spring-water source, Out in the Wild cordials of Hanmer, and to all our local volunteers and supporters - Thank you very much!
* Past CRA email news is indexed near page-top here, FYI: cashmere.org.nz
* CRA Subscriptions 2015/16 - Association membership and renewals, at the household rate of $10 per year, can be made via our Kiwibank a/c 389005.0688810.02 - Donations help increase service and are very much appreciated. Please notify deposit by email, for confirmation by our Treasurer, and a receipt will be issued if requested: email@example.com. Or post to CRA Treasurer, c/o 112 Hackthorne Road, Christchurch 8022.
Thanks again for your support of CRA. Looking forward to meeting you at AGM. Kia kaha.
332-1069 or 027-406-0077
Cashmere Residents' Association (CRA)
Back to CRA link hub / home page