Cashmere News Diary: 14 June 2015 - District Plan properties
* 15 June, Monday (any hour) - Submissions close on stage two proposals of the Proposed Christchurch Replacement District Plan: proposeddistrictplan.ccc.govt.nz/PropertySearch/ContentContainer.html?page=submissions - CRA will lodge and endorse the following submission from a resident, as anyone might individually:
"We would strongly suggest that Dyers Pass Road should not be downgraded to Category 2. One only has to stand on Colombo Street at the Z Garage and look up at the first close view of the Cashmere Hills many tourists see from their bus. The houses are part of the character of Christchurch early 1900s. It is a much clearer picture than is visible of this architecture than one sees looking up at Hackthorne Road. There are fewer and fewer of these houses since the earthquake, and preserving the remaining features of a still cohesive and distinctive area should in our view be a priority. Many many people walk up Dyers Pass Road, and to diminish the protection it has would be foolish."
Addressing "A new approach for character areas (previously known as special amenity areas or SAMs) with areas now grouped into two categories. Category 1 areas have a higher level of character and if changes are proposed to a building or front yard (visible from the street) there are new rules to ensure character values are maintained. In Category 2 areas the new rules mainly relate to landscape character e.g. the view from the street." See map and more details here:
+ Another submission lodged through CRA concerns Residential Hills Zone, Built Form Standards, Maximum Building Height, in chapter 14 of the Proposed District Plan - as attached FYI here, should residents also wish to lodge this by household.
* 16 June, Tuesday 7.30pm, Transitional Cathedral at Hereford/Madras St cnr - GCA Lawyers are holding a meeting for Southern Response policyholders regarding the class-action that they are leading. SRCA.co.nz RSVP, see poster:
* 17 June, Wednesday 7.30pm - Cashmere Residents' Association committee meeting, all input welcome - contact CRA Chair.
* 20 June, Saturday 9am-12pm - A Discussion on organising an Opawaho-Heathcote River community based network, in the Board Room, South Library, 66 Colombo Street, Cashmere: use the front 'After Hours' doorway. This initiative is a chance to ensure the protection and development of the river is well managed. We can all play our part. To join the CRA delegation, please contact CRA Chair. Website developed by the Heathcote River / Opawaho working group to keep everyone updated: opawaho-heathcoteriver.nz
* late June? - Christchurch City Council Representation Review - formal consultation on new ward boundaries etc begins (6-yearly duty).Notices
* Deadline Sale, 1pm Wed 22 July, By Negotiation: An Exciting Opportunity, 311 Worsleys Road, Cashmere Estates 21.4812ha (53.08 acres) - bayleys.co.nz/Listings/Canterbury/Christchurch-City/Cashmere/519714 - "approved subdivision plan proposes 96 sites however this may vary depending on the vision of the new owners", where its main road gives finished access to the cycling Adventure Park now being built in the Cashmere Valley forest. Ref.
* House for Rent - Modern Family home for short-term rent. Available from the end of June until the end of August 2015. Location: Hackthorne Road, Cashmere. Three bedroom, 2 Bathroom, 2 x Living areas with separate dining & open plan kitchen. Internal garage for 1 car with carport for second car and good off street parking. Heating: central heating with radiators along with log burner (wood supplied). Ideally suit people looking for temporary accommodation whilst EQC repairs are being carried out. Please contact Victoria, 021-981-973.
* Garage for Rent - Long single garage available for rent at 2a Macmillan Avenue. $50 per week. Enquiries to the Cashmere Presbyterian Church Office, phone 332 7129, or email firstname.lastname@example.org [no longer available 15/6/15]
* Garden City 2.0 - company provides a not-for-profit service in Christchurch, delivering fresh, locally grown organic produce. Recently set up a pickup point on Cashmere Hill at the Emperor's New Clothes Cafe. gardencity.org.nz + facebook.com/GardenCity2.0
* CREST - Cashmere Residents' Emergency Support Team - Cashmere Community Response Plan, for activating a local response hub at Cashmere Presbyterian Centre, 2 Macmillan Ave, in an emergency: cashmere.org.nz/CREST.html
* A very big thank you to all Cashmere Residents and CREST community partners: Cashmere Primary School, Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Christchurch City Council Strengthening Communities / CDEM, Canterbury Neighbourhood Support, Kidsfirst Cashmere Kindergarten, Kaizuka Eatery and Garden Bar, Cup Cafe, Emperors New Clothes Cafe, Cashmere Super Dairy, Swanlake Lotus at Siam Healthcare Spa emergency spring-water source, Cracroft-Chase Vineyard, Quick Stop Liquor, Out in the Wild cordials of Hanmer, and to all our local volunteers and supporters - Thank you very much!
* Past CRA email news is indexed, FYI, near page-top here: http://www.cashmere.org.nz
* CRA Subscriptions 2014/15 - Association membership and renewals, at the household rate of $10 per year, can be made via our Kiwibank a/c 389005.0688810.02 - Donations help increase service and are very much appreciated. Please notify deposit by email, for confirmation by our Treasurer, and a receipt will be issued if requested: email@example.com. Or post to CRA Treasurer, 82 Hackthorne Road, Christchurch 8022.
Stay warm this winter. Anything CRA can do to help, please let us know.
CRA Chair, 332-1069 / 027-406-0077
Cashmere Residents' Association (CRA)
Back to CRA link hub / home page