Cashmere News Diary: 12 November 2013 - Cashmere AGM & land matters
Greetings All. A reminder for the AGM tonight and a very warm welcome to the many new subscribers who have joined us this year. Past CRA email news is indexed for your reading interest here: http://www.cashmere.org.nz
* 12 November, Tuesday 7.30pm, Cashmere Residents' Association Annual General Meeting - drinks and nibbles from 7pm. 7.30pm AGM: reports & officer elections. 8pm speakers: Prof. Bryan Jenkins - Lower Avon Heritage Trail Project; Margaret Sweet - Friends of Ngaio Marsh House; some EQC Q&A, an update on CREST, followed by an open community forum. CRA committee is always open to new members and ideas, and meets monthly on the third Wednesday at 7.30pm. The AGM is an opportunity to refresh the committee. Please consider joining, to help build the active community we need and that has such long and strong traditions.
* 27 November, Wednesday 1.30pm, CREST - Cashmere Residents' Emergency Support Team - our local preparedness group seeks a range of volunteer skills - meets at Cashmere Presbyterian Church and all are welcome to attend. CREST is developing the Cashmere community response plan. Meets on the last Wednesday of each month except December. Equal partners at a round table, identified so far as: Cashmere Residents' Association, Cashmere Presbyterian Parish, St Augustine's Anglican Church, Christchurch West Rotary, Cashmere School, and Christchurch City Council Civil Defence and Emergency Management. The list of participant groups is soundly just started, and individual contributions are equally welcome. CREST committee is encouraging a team of volunteers to become our ready-responders, with a local hall cup of tea, contact point and reassurance, in the event of emergency. Details of our Cashmere emergency plan so far are here: http://www.cashmere.org.nz/news/Cashmere-Emergency-News-20Jun2013. We are setting in motion the work needed to develop this plan more fully. Contact CRA or the Church if willing to help, and attend on the given dates please. Thank you to those who have come forward already. The idea of a local Time Bank, for coordination purposes, will be explored next.
* 3 November, Neighbourhood Week CREST community barbecue at Cashmere Presbyterian Church Centre, an exercise of our local emergency support plan, went well. Thank you to all who helped and came along. A very useful list of local skills on hand was started. Feedback so far is to repeat the barbecue next year, but to go for the 5-7pm family dinner timeslot and institute a true community pot luck meal, instead of having civil defence emphasis. The same purpose would be served, for meeting more neighbours. What do you think?
* Land questions - Christchurch City Council booklet, Port Hills Land Damage Information - attached. Information on retaining walls is due out later this week.
* CRA Subscriptions 2013/14 - Association membership and renewals, at the household rate of $5 per year, can be made in person at AGM, or via our Kiwibank a/c 389005.0688810.02 - Please notify deposit by email, for confirmation by our Treasurer, and a receipt will be issued if requested: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Until soon then, thank you for your support of CRA, and enjoy the new season.
Back to CRA home page